Establishing a Uniform Sales Culture
After two years of operating three companies separately, the organization realized it needed to create a single consistent sales and service culture. Adding to the challenge was undefined sales- and service-management accountabilities for regional managers, district managers and branch managers.
Business Efficacy’s plan began with providing clarity and alignment regarding the activities branch managers could use to drive sales. A 30-day branch-manager custom training program was designed to make it possible to implement and execute in the field while also jump-starting district managers’ efforts to coach execution. As part of the plan:
- District and regional managers received one-on-one in-the-field coaching support to ensure they properly equipped their teams to put the newly defined behaviors into practice.
- Two workshops helped develop the organization’s internal consultants, ensuring they understood the coaching routines for all levels of management and giving them the ability to replicate the program.
- Managers were taught to integrate accountabilities into current programs.
- Two quarterly workshops helped district managers further their development and address emerging organizational challenges and changes.
Business Efficacy established these objectives via an all-day “clinic” and reinforced them through in-the-field coaching support.
Despite years of differing cultures and ambiguous accountability, the organization realized a remarkable turnaround in only 90 days:
- Sales-per-customer nearly tripled.
- A 35-percent increase in new accounts was realized
- Dollar volumes increased by 200 percent
- Teller referrals to business bankers increased by 50 percent
“Business Efficacy knows how to equip senior management to implement any change. They gave us quality tools and the field support necessary to successfully implement any change moving forward. Our management team’s confidence and ability to continue execution of changes introduced, and new ones coming, is very high.” – Senior Vice President